"Come To Christ: My Dear Brother; My Dear Sister."
"Sowing the Word of God, so all might be saved."
Come to Christ
STEP ONE. CONFESS CHRIST.
Romans 10:9 tells us that if we confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in our heart that God raised Him from the dead, we shall be saved.
1 Corinthians 12:3.
STEP TWO. BE BAPTIZED.
Mark 16:16 tells us that those who believe and are baptized shall be saved.
Baptism is our outward expression of our inward cleansing.
STEP THREE. RECEIVE THE HOLY GHOST.
Acts 1:5 tells us how John baptized with water, but we shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.
God sends His Holy Spirit to dwell in our temple bodies as a comforter, teacher and keeper.
1 Corinthians 2:13.
The Bible reveals to us 3 ways through which the Holy Spirit was received:
1) Matthew 3:16 tells us that after Jesus was baptized, the heavens opened and the Spirit of God descended upon Him like a dove and lightning;
2) John 20:22 tells us that Jesus breathed on His apostles, and they received the Holy Ghost.
3) Acts 2:1-4 tells us how the Holy Ghost was given through tarrying
STEP FOUR. JOIN A CHURCH.
When joining a church many aspects toward the growth of your spirituality should be considered:
- Hebrews 10:25 tells us to not forsake the assembling of ourselves together. Much strength, input and aspects can be attained when Christians join together in corporate worship.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will lead you to a denomination and to a church where His Holy Word is taught and where you may grow in Christianity.
- Study God’s Word. 2 Timothy 2:15 tells us to study the Word of God to become approved. Bible Study, Church School, workshops, seminary study, etc. are all ways by which one can become approved through the study of God’s Word.
- Join a ministry within your church, and begin to pray that God will reveal your special gift. 1 Corinthians 12:28 tells us of the various gifts that the Holy Spirit gives to believers. i.e. apostles, teachers, miracle workers, healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
- Begin to build the Kingdom of God, and to make disciples. Matthew 28:19.